Version: Kontakt 5.8.1 / WAV / V1
Original Designed Bells, Textures and Soundscapes
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
Vagabond Crystal offers the beautiful sound of carefully sampled real items and instruments, as well as unusual and original sound design.
Right out of the box, at your disposal are many presets ranging from clean bell-like types of sound to unheard, eerie evolving soundscapes. Dark and dreamy at the same time, Vagabond Crystal will take you away and ignite spark of your inspiration.
Please note: The full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or above is required. Not for Kontakt Player.
The Vagabond Crystal sample library was created to utilize the sounds of bells, glass, and metal objects. Various items were used and sampled: A singing bowl, Tibetan bells, a little gong, wine glasses, a dish cover, water, rocks, a synthesizer, plus hardware and software effectors. The idea was to pay homage to crystal, shiny sounds and soundscapes and... caves. Yes, these sounds, their long sustains and sparkle instantly bring up images of caves, and of descent into their eerie depths, in my mind.
I wander through their stony halls, corridors and galleries, and admire the silent beauty of Mother Nature’s work of art. Stalagmites and stalactites, like statues, guard the returning echoes of water drops dripping from wet, cold walls and ceilings. An underground river is taking me far away from the surface. Time is standing still in the darkness, eyes don’t see. Imagination comes to life. I become a crystal who wanders through the dark, like a vagabond without a home.
- 16/24 bit / 44,1 kHz wav format
- 889 MB installed
- 78 basic original patches (Bells, Pads, FX, Organic)
- 90 derived single patches
- 90 derived multi patches
- mostly up to 6 round robins per sample set
- Flanger, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, LFO, Stereo, Cabinet, Drive, Limiter, Delay, Reverb, Attack, Release controls
- Kontakt 5.8.1 and above full version required
There are four subfolders inside the VC folder.
BASIC - containing original sample sets consisting of:
- Bells - bell-like sounds made using a synthesizer and FX units
- Organic - sampled bell-like sounds of real objects (a kalimba, a little gong, a wine glass, a dish cover, Tibetan singing bowl and bells
- Pads - soundscapes created using a synthesizer and FX units
- FX - sounds of environments – sampled and effected rocks, water and metal objects
These sample sets are left in their original form (not affected by any effects from the user interface)
SINGLE - derived sounds created using samplesets from the BASIC folder, and effects accessible from the user interface
MULTI - derived multi-sounds (using two or more samplesets, or “patches,” at once) using original BASIC sample sets as well as patches from the SINGLE folder
USER – folder dedicated to storing your own sound-creations