Version: Kontakt 5.5.2 / NCW / V1
Imperfect Glass, Bells and Textures
£15.00 + VAT
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
If you're unsure whether this is right for you, here's a short example of what's included in Talua
The library is built within a dual layer engine so you can easily mix two sounds together and adjust settings for each one individually. The interface gives you full ADSR control and has a master section where you can set Stereo width, Filter (LP) cutoff, Output gain and Panorama position. There are also octave and sample offset controls; available for each layer individually as well.
Talua carries 4 LFOs (two per layer), all time independent from each other.
You can also route each LFO to Volume, Pan and Cutoff at the same time by just moving the red intensity knobs of the respective Modulator.
The following features are available for each LFO:
Waveform (Select from Sine, Triangle, Saw and Rectangle)
- Sync value (Set the Sync Rate of the LFO)
- Multiplier (Multiplies the Sync Rate by this value)
- PW (Determine the Pulsewidth of the Wave; Only applies to Rectangle Wave)
- Vol, Pan, Cut (Set how much the LFO should modulate the three parameters)
The Motion tab is only available for the textures patches.
The Fx rack includes an EQ (one for each of the two layers; EQ1 and EQ2), which is meant to roughly edit the sound. It also carries a LowPass Filter (LP1) which can be linked to velocity in order to dampen higher frequencies on lower dynamics.
In the Middle You have three tabs to further shape the sounds:
- Color: Master EQ with a limited range (only 3dB) and Tape Saturation emulation
- Mod: A simple Flanger and a Chorus to thicken the sound or create crazy modulated sounds
- Space: A synced Delay along with a Convolution Reverb (comes with 8 custom Impulse Responses designed for this library).
- 49 Kontakt patches (.nki), 18 Kontakt Multis (.nkm)
- 583 samples (Either 96khz/24bit or 48khz/24bit)
- 8 custom IRs
- 606 MB (ncw compressed from 1,12 GB of raw data)
- Requires Kontakt 5.5.2 or higher (FULL version please. NOT Kontakt Player)
A GREAT DEAL FOR GREAT QUALITY
A GREAT DEAL FOR GREAT QUALITY. Very modern textural sounds, instant purchase.
I am a sucker for tuned percussion, especially glass / metal, and Talua has both of these in abundance. It sounds great. Many (if not most) of the patches come pretty heavily effected, which (usually) makes it sound great right off the bat when you're previewing sounds in isolation, though it can take some tweaking (especially removing the reverb) to get it to sit right in your mix. I also find it slightly annoying that so many patches have delays on them (I know how to add a delay on my own, thanks). But minor gripes aside, this library sounds great.
Logan Stahley Instruments
Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) Instrument.View Product £25.00
London Symphonic Strings - Solo Violin
Fully Realised ViolinView Product £59.00