Version: Kontakt 5.8.1 / NCW / V1.2
Virtuosic Cello for Kontakt
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
The String Flow instrument gives composers access to a virtuosic cello technique in which the player rolls their bow quickly across several strings to create a rhythmic, energetic texture.
This instrument can provide a compelling harmonic backbone to many styles of music.
Now compatible with the full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or above
Contains a new set of samples with better recording techniques and slightly cleaner sound
- Major and Minor chords recorded in all three inversions, available in every key.
- All chords recorded both ponticello and normale (modwheel crossfades between the two)
- Each ponticello and normale recording has 2 velocity layers: one layer sits in the background, with little dynamic contrast. The other layer has rubato at the beginning and dynamic changes throughout.
- All samples were recorded at 100bpm, and will tempo-sync to project. They sound particularly good at 120bpm.
- Please note: The full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 is required. Not for Kontakt Player
String Flow can be played in two ways. One way is to play a three-note triad. The chord you play is analyzed by the Kontakt script, and then that harmony is realized on cello. The other way is to use keyswitches.
Using Keyswitch Mode (the big KS button) you can choose a key, a mode, and an inversion, and then any single note you play will generate a chord fitting that criteria. Using a combination of the modwheel, simple volume automation, and the two velocity layers, String Flow can be very pliable.
Great sounding cello, for a very specific purpose
Very good sound, and works well at a variety of tempos (something I was initially concerned about, but Ben Osterhouse kindly supplied a Soundcloud tracked that demoed at different tempos). This is very specifically a rhythmic cello library and not designed to be a standard solo cello patch, and therefore is only really for specific uses but does what it does very well. This kind of thing would be very hard to achieve with a normal solo cello patch and what you have here is the sound of a real person playing these rhythmic phrases.
Neat little string texture library for your tracks
Very nicely sampled, gives sweet (or should I say, sad - in a positive way) cello textures for your tracks. It's easy to get into and relatively unique in style.
New Orleans Brass
A Brass powerhouse - 5 Brass InstrumentsView Product £80.00 £60.00 YOU SAVE 25%
Sounds of the Delta
TAKE A NOSTALGIC TRIP WITH THE DELTA!View Product £30.00 £15.00 YOU SAVE 50%