Version: Kontakt 5.7 / NCW / 2.7 GB / V1.61
Advanced Grain Recombination Engine
£37.50 + VAT
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
Seurat is the first instrument to use our AGRA engine (Advanced Grain Recombination Architecture).
Essentially this is a highly-customisable granular synthesis engine, used across the two complementary voices.
Seurat allows you to manipulate the normal granular controls - grain size, grain frequency, attack and release of each grain and sample position but also adds a range of additional parameter controls for things like grain gain (volume), grain position variation (movement), the space between grains and the symmetry of grain positions in the audio flow offering a range of interesting and often unique outcomes.
Please Note: The FULL version of Kontakt 5.7 or above is required (Not for Kontakt Player)
NEW in Version 1.1:
- Seurat now responds to Sustain/Damping pedal -with your pedal engaged Seurat will continue to sustain the currently playing notes indefinitely - or until you release the pedal.
- Your Modulation wheel will now move each value in the "space" table up and down - Seurat will maintain the shape you have drawn into the table - and this will affect the space between grains accordingly.
- CC 12 now does the same for the Voice 1 position table - and will affect where Seurat harvests grains from and thus the sound of Voice 1
- CC 13 now does the same for Voice 2 position table - and will affect where Seurat harvests grains from and thus the sound of Voice 2
NEW in Version 1.5:
- Seurat now features an intelligent randomise feature. Pressing the logo on the main page will generate instant unique sounds
- New snapshots
NEW in Version 1.6: (Please install V1.6 as a new product)
- Seurat now features a 'Reverse' feature. Reverse individual voices for interesting new textures
- New snapshots
NEW in Version 1.61: Snapshots (Please download additional snapshots folder)
- Aesthete | Seurat - Neo Impressionist Vol 1 - 100 Free patches for Channel Robot & Divergent Audio Group Seurat Grain Synth from sound designer Aesthete. Seurat Version 1.6 update minimum needed (for reverse feature).
If you're unsure whether this is right for you, here's a short example of what's included in Seurat
Seurat offers an unconventional collection of sounds for movie scoring and sound design.
Seurat uses our powerful AGRA engine (Advanced Grain Recombination Architecture). Essentially this is a highly-customisable granular synthesis engine, Seurat allows you to manipulate the normal granular controls - grain size, grain frequency, attack and release of each grain and sample position but adds a range of additional parameter controls for things like grain gain(volume), grain position (movement), the space between grains and the symmetry of grain position in the audio flow offering a range of interesting and often unique outcomes.
Seurat comes with 707 Samples, 81 Selectable Sound Sources and 175 snapshots, each grouped into separate folders for ease of access.
Here are some of the instruments and recording techniques used in the creation of Seurat:
- Mesh fabric fastened flush to the bow, creating a gritty, broken sound (used for a variety of "articulations" such as tremolo and harmonics)
- Felt fabric fastened near the bridge to create a softened/muted sound (most notably for "Soft Violin" but other sounds as well)
- Attaching metal and other materials to the strings to achieve a different sound ("paperclip violin")
- and more....
Electric Guitar/Acoustic Guitar
- Home-made soft guitar picks or soft "found" material for the normal picked sounds
- Felt fabric and other fabrics used to mute guitar harmonics
- A technique used for the "moving" plucked and harmonic sounds was to move where I was plucking the string in order to create a different tone across the time of the sample
- Isolating and amplifying reverb tails
- Notes generated only from vibrating the strings with the left hand and fingers, no plucking ("ghost guitar")
- Notes generated only from a hammeron and then turning the volume knob up ("volumation")
- and more...
- Normal bowed
- Mesh fabric bowed (similar to the violin, but not as "tonal")
- Bowed in a "sweet spot" near the bridge in order to create a gritty, harmonic-like, dark sound (these are the "Gritty Harmonic" sounds)
- Muted pedal sustain (pretty basic)
- Muted on and off with fabric (at the strings) while rapidly pressing the keys
- Muted pedal sustain pressing keys rapidly with a varying degree of dynamics
- Live performance of rapidly playing different intervals (octaves and whole tones, "octave etude" and "debussy's dream" respectively)
- And more...
- Multiple strings tuned to same note and plucked together ("mandolin unison plucked")
- Basic pluck with a home-made "cardboard" pick
- Fidget spinner
- And more...
- "flamenco" style plucked --using 4 fingers and rapidly plucking the same string
- "brushing" notes with felt fabric
Seurat features its own custom serial system.
You will require the full version of Kontakt to load Seurat (Not Kontakt Player). When you purchase Seurat you will be provided with a unique code which is required to unlock the instrument. Please refer to the Installation guide that come with your download for further information.
Audio Reward are not your average Sample Library developer, we do updates, and we do them for free to existing owners. If you buy one of our products we will offer you point releases (1.0 to 1.1 and all the way to 1.9) for all our products. These updates include bug-fixes and requested functionality as well as additional snapshots, and sometimes additional sounds. We just keep giving.
FREE VERSION AVAILABLE
You can now download a free version of Seurat by clicking the 'Demo' icon near the top of this page. The free version contains all the functions of the full version but with a much smaller set of source sounds and fewer snapshots.
Marvellous and unique for ethereal, athmospheric melodic instruments
Dont know how long I was looking for such ethereal unique stuff for melodic, playable instruments ! This one just IS IT. You have tons of that stuff for pads, athmos, soundscapes but nothing (as far as I know) comparable for melodic instruments. The violin is absolutely great, my favourite: "The magician". This one really HAS magic in it. All snapshots are unique greatly crafted painted melodic landscapes. Have not even touched all the great and easy to use soundcrafting options apart from the octave range buttons (great for bringing live into the melody !) and trying out how the "morph" (mix) button works in general. But as usual: although I am really overwhelmed with this stuff already two requests :-): - would be great to have a modulation option (lfo will do) inside the app for modulating the morph/mix button - meaningful random options at some points would be great for sound creation (for example randomize the status of the morph/mix button, layer selection...) Thanks for this great gift !!!!
Great Sounds For A Great Price!
My favorite Audio Reward synth so far
I'm not sure I understand all of the nuances of sound creation with this yet but I agree with Richard and Chris: Lots of sounds (even more with the update) and more melodic character, without sacrificing the evolving nature of the sounds. The thing that I really love about it is the orchestral quality/ambience available in a number of the snapshots and samples. To me they have a really early 20th-century-composer, Dvorakian quality. Maybe I'm just hearing things in the sounds---but that's one of the nice things about Seurat. My favorite Audio Reward synth so far.
One of my all-time favourites
Title says it all, it's just plain excellent.
Where dreams may come
Have you ever seen that movie with Robin Williams "Where dreams may come". Well this is the audio version of that movie. Weird, beautiful, chaotic, quiet, soulful - all of those adjectives & emotions & more packed into the powerful beauty that is Seurat! Wow just wow! I have fallen in love, and I keep falling in love again and again.
It can be hard to walk the line of what Brian Eno calls music that is "ignorable as it is interesting" in his liner notes for Music For Airports, but this library surprised me. Delicate and sophisticated, with just enough dirt and humanity to keep the ear interested. I will be making a lot of use of this instrument for TV scores, thank you!
Tiny Binaural Harpsichord
Versatile and Unique Take on the HarpsichordView Product £30.00
The Blue Zone 01-25 Special Edition
Experimental Electronic TexturesView Product £20.85
Ancient ERA Persia
A collection of sounds from forgotten places of the middle eastView Product £184.00