Version: Kontakt 5.6.8 / NCW / V1.2
FM Inspired Electric Pianos
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
SEP-5 KONTAKT 5 Library is a compact Electric Piano project inspired by FM Synthesis sounds that were famous in mid to late 1980s.
The sample engine of the instrument is based completely on sounds created by FM Synthesis sampled from a well known Synthesizer of that era.
2 additional raw waveforms are provided along with the FM E.Pianos for creating synth pads or string-like sounds to be layered together or independently for more expressive and complex sounds.
Therefore it can act as a simple subtractive synthesizer and this can be showcased on many of the preset programs.
V1.1 Update: RELEASE NOTES 12/3/2019
This update features some minor aesthetic improvements on the GUI background and new preset sounds.
- 8 new “Electric Piano” sounds
- “Synth Pack” addition of 24 new synthesizer sounds like synth pads, basses, strings, leads and polysynths.
These new presets explore the “synthesizer” side of SEP-5 using the 2 FM raw waveforms and are unexpectedly “lush” due to the quality and rich sound of these waveforms.
V1.2 Update: RELEASE NOTES 07/07/2020
- New "icon" Image.
- Fixed KSP Warning Bugs.
- Now Presets are Available As Snapshots.
- 32 Preset sounds are provided but many new variations can be created easily.
- There are 419 samples at 44.1KHz 24-bit
- The sounds are multi-sampled and consist of 3-5 velocity layers.
- Impulse responses of reverbs created on Yamaha hardware unit are also included to give an extra vintage colour to the sound.
- KONTAKT 5 full version 5.6.8 and above is required to run this library (Not KONTAKT PLAYER).
- 8 GB of ram is recommended.
- Total size is 406 MB (after .ncw compression)
I love everything by Sampletrip. This is no exception.
There are some very nice warm sounds here.