Secco Strings is a highly customisable collection of Viola, Violin, Cello and Bass recordings. Each Instrument has 3 available articulations (Pizzicato, Peck and Bounce) and 3 Play Modes (Single Notes, Rhythm and Texture).
You can also import up to 4 sets of your own samples using Drag 'n' Drop (Kontakt 6 only).
Two fully automatable XY Pads allow you to customise your sound in dynamic and highly creative ways.
The Main XY Pad can be assigned to various parameters (Panning, Direction, Formant and Octave). You can also add up to 15 unique steps and assign a different articulation to each step.
The Tone XY Pad is used to adjust the main tone according to different playing styles (Bridge, Fingerboard, Finger, Pick).
Please Note: Secco Strings will work with the full version of Kontakt 5.8.1 and Kontakt 6.2.1. It will not work with Kontakt Player. Sample Import (Drag 'n' Drop) is only supported in Kontakt 6.2.1. Presets are saved in .nka format. In Kontakt 5.8.1 presets are loaded using the load button on the interface. In Kontakt 6.2.1 presets can be dragged onto the interface to load.
IMPORT YOUR OWN SAMPLES
Secco Strings contains 4 user instrument slots enabling you to import your own samples. Take advantage of the unique Secco engine and use your own sounds. Drag and Drop your own samples onto one of the four slots to import. This feature is only available for Kontakt 6 users.
SINGLE NOTES MODE
In Single Notes Mode you can assign up to 8 different steps. Each step can have its own instrument and articulation assigned. The position of each step on the XY pad determines volume, panning, direction (reverse), fomant and octave for every step independently. move the microphone (and each step) around to dynamically alter the sound.
In Rhythm Mode steps play sequentially. Number of Steps and Time-Division can be adjusted. The Jitter control is used to add a fluctuation to each step to give motion and realism to the sound. Rhythm Mode also contains an arpeggiator button to arpeggiate through all played notes. 8 steps can be assigned in Rhythm Mode.
In Texture Mode the engine will cycle through each step at a user-definable speed enabling you to create swarms, textures, chaos, ensembles and effects. Each step will randomly move and bounce off each other (and the walls) using physics.
Texture Mode also contains a 'Distribute' button which allows you to play the steps in parallel. Each note you play gets assigned to a step and it cycles through each of those steps. 15 steps can be assigned in Texture Mode.
- 3 Play Modes (Single Notes, Rhythm, Texture)
- 4 Instruments (Viola, Violin, Cello, Bass)
- 4 User-definable sample slots (import your own samples)
- 3 Articulations (Pizzicato, Peck, Bounce)
- Global Attack, Decay, Low Cut and Saturation
- 1 Page GUI for easy navigation
- 8 Specially selected convolution reverbs with control over send level, pre-delay, time-stretch, low-pass and high-pass
- Preset System (nka file save and load)
- 21 ready-made presets for Rhythm Mode
- 17 ready-made presets for Single Notes Mode
- 13 ready-made presets for Texture Mode
- Assign up to 15 steps for each Play Mode to different articulations and instruments
- Fully automatable XY pad with controls over (Panning, Direction, Formant and Octave)
- Dedicated Tone Control pad which crossfades between 4 layers for the pizzicato articulations, and between 3 layers for the arco articulations.
- Modulate Tone using proximity and velocity sensors
Secco Strings contains 1 main nki with Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass articulations ready to go but it also comes with 7 custom made nkis which demonstrate the capabilities when importing your own samples.
- 1.1 GB installed (850MB Download)
- 5764 Samples (ncw Kontakt format)
- 8 .nki files (unlocked Kontakt 5.8.1 and Kontakt 6.2.1)
- 21 .nka presets for Rhythm Mode
- 17 .nka presets for Single Notes Mode
- 13 .nka presets for Texture Mode
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.8.1 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.8 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 3 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library. This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final.
As usual we have set up a number of unique codes that you can use to get extra money off if you already own a Ben Osterhouse product:
Already Own: Cello Textures - Save Extra 15% - Code: SECCO10983
Already Own: English Bass - Save Extra 20% - Code: SECCO11045
Already Own: Pattern Strings - Save Extra 20% - Code: SECCO11085
Already Own: Sospiro Strings - Save Extra 15% - Code: SECCO11133
Already Own: String Flow - Save Extra 10% - Code: SECCO11001
Already Own: String Flow Cello - Save Extra 15% - Code: SECCO11016
Already Own: String Flow Viola - Save Extra 15% - Code: SECCO11017
Already Own: String Flow Violin - Save Extra 15% - Code: SECCO11018
Already Own: Viola Da Gamba - Save Extra 20% - Code: SECCO11063
These codes expire on the 31st March 2020