Version: Kontakt 5.2.1 / WAV / V1
The iconic TR-606, recorded through 10 unique signal chains
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
The most authentic TR-606 software re-creation ever created!
Imagine a studio equipped with high-end outboard gear, vintage analogue tape machines, classic 12-bit samplers and filthy lo-fi sound shaping boxes. Now imagine taking a TR-606 and being able to process and shape each drum sound individually through unique, highly versatile signal chains – The tone shaping possibilities would be almost limitless…
With our 3rd Revolution instrument, we pushed the boundaries, capturing 12 round robin variations and 6 accent / velocity layers for each and every sound; recording the 606 both dry/clean at 96 KHz, and through 10 carefully thought-out high-end processing chains.
Unique Modular Interface
Revolution-606’s intuitive, modular user interface allows you to mix and match any of these processing styles for each individual drum sound. Easily mix a tape saturated kick with a 12-bit, filthy snare in real-time; add in some harmonically enhanced ‘HI-FI’ toms, crunchy lo-fi hats and cymbals… Maybe you want an ultra-clean, dry TR-606 sound? Well, that’s possible too of course… We have designed this instrument to be as flexible as possible. We feel that this attention to detail will translate into a unique and ultimately characterful addition to any music producer's sound arsenal.
Revolution-606’s four unique style modes allow each drum voice to be played back in one of ten ways:
Style 1 - Clean Dry – TR-606 recorded completely ‘raw’, straight from the machine at 96KHz Pre-amp – TR-606 recorded ‘hot’ through an API 512c pre-amp at 96KHz
Style 2 - 12-Bit SP-12 – TR-606 recorded through a hardware EMU SP-12 Turbo sampler, each sound re-pitched internally with the SP-12 16 times, resulting in tuneable 606 sounds S950 – TR-606 recorded through a hardware Akai S950 sampler, each sound re-pitched internally with the S950 16 times
Style 3 - Tape Subtle – TR-606 recorded to a Studer A827 analogue tape machine at a subtle level Saturated - TR-606 recorded to a Studer A827 analogue tape machine at a saturated level Distorted - TR-606 overdriven to a Studer A827 analogue tape machine at a hot and distorted level
Style 4 - Driven HI-FI – TR-606 recorded through a collection of high-end studio processors at 96KHz, including an Empirical Labs Fatso & Distressor, A-Designs EM-PEQ, Elysia Xpressor, Spectra Sonics 610, Thermionic Culture Vulture, Valley People 610, API 512c and SSL E-Series EQ & Compressors Biscuit – TR-606 recorded through an Oto Machines Biscuit Crushed - TR-606 overdriven to a Studer A827 analogue tape machine at a very hot level and further processed through a high end chain including a vintage Universal Audio LA-2A, LA-4 & 1176, Tube Tech PE1B, Neve 1073 and a custom Ward-Beck Systems L3262 analogue console!
- Revolution-606 Kontakt version requires a full version of Kontakt 5.2.1 (or higher). It will only run in ‘Demo Mode’ in the Free Kontakt 5 player for 15 minutes before timing-out.
- Custom built, feature rich Ableton Live Drum Racks (Live 9) and NI Maschine pack included for those who may not own Kontakt 5
- 5381 samples integrated as a unique virtual drum machine with intuitive graphical interface
- Recreate every nuance of the TR-606 drum machine or define your own unique sound using the worlds most advanced sampling engine, Kontakt 5
- Extensive ‘style’ types, allowing real-time selection of unique, high-end analogue processing chains, per drum sound
- Mix and match characterful analogue processing chains in real-time
- TR-style 16 track step-sequencer with accent control, host sync, swing/shuffle and extensive parameter settings
- Easy synchronization with any host or DAW
- Dedicated 7-track mixer with individual processing (EQ, compression, transient designer), volume control and pan for each drum sound
- Dual delay and reverb units loaded with custom built Impulse Responses
- Master processing including multi-track Tape machine, compression and master EQ modules
- Design and browse hundreds of presets, all instantly switchable from a single click
- Modular preset browser allows for instant recall of Drum Patterns, Mixer Channels and Tape Machine / Master Bus Settings in thousands of different configurations
- Browse 700 included patterns in various styles and easily create and share your own using a fast and intuitive external pattern/preset browser
- 800MB in size after unpacked
ELEVEN BREATHTAKINGLY NOISY PERCUSSION INSTRUMENTS FROM CONSTRUCTED AND DE/RECONSTRUCTED OBJECTS.View Product £20.50