Unique Bespoke Sampled Instrument
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
It is a Pendleonium and as such, it sounds like only a Pendleonium can. After a period of evolutionary development, the new Pendleonium³ is here. The control panel has undergone a complete re-think.
The new look is sharp and purposeful and the layout of instruments and functions is intuitive and user friendly. A total of 6 sampled source instruments are arranged left to right across the main panel - two baritone guitars, two infinity guitars, Spring Viola and an additional instrument based on samples created with a vintage Roland Space Echo.
- Baritone Guitar x 2 - amped through custom Laney VC15 valve amp - 2 articulations clean plucked and edgy plucked - 4 velocity layers
- Tape Baritone Guitar - recorded wet through Roland Chorus Echo RE501with lots of chorus
- Fernades Sustainer Infinite Guitar x2 -amped through custom Laney VC15 valve amp - 2 articulations clean plucked and edgy plucked - endlessly looped
- Spring Viola -miced and pushed completely wet through a noisey Vermona RetroVerb spring reverb.
- 700 24bit mono samples = 1.3GB with Native Instruments propriety compression
- Sample start and loop length control per instrument (except infinite guitars)
- BPM synced pan and volume modulation per instrument
- BPM synced vibrato and chorus per instrument
- 24 custom convolution reverbs per instrument
- 4 fully controllable insert effects - dirt, eq, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb
- 2 fully controllable send effects - delay and algorithmic reverb
- Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modelling page
- 45 instrument snapshots
- Handy build in instructions in RTFM page
Each individual source instrument comes with greatly enhanced editing tools, offering wave shape, ADSR, effects, and volume. To the right of the instrument panel is a dedicated editing bay offering yet more capability. Here you will find reverb and delay sends, reverb, rotor, EQ and dirt for gnarly lo-fi effects.
A second interface window can be opened for velocity and round robin. The best thing about the P³ though, is playing it. With its unique sounds and easy editing, The P³ is an absolute pleasure to play and tweak as you go. It must be stated that this instrument is not attempting to sound like anything else or even to offer any faithful reproduction of its source instruments.
Theodore (Teddy) Shapiro
This is great! Went right into a cue.Thank you so much, great work as always. And I’ve used a ton of “Lost and Found” on the score to “Collateral Beauty”. Thanks for all the great stuff.
Theodore (Teddy) Shapiro - composer : Ghostbusters, Zoolander, Trumbo, St. Vincent.
Each snapshot is like a composition, just sit back and listen to the mysterious and beautiful musical layers unfold.
Jonathan Whitehead - composer : Brass Eye, Black Books, Nathan Barley, Mount Pleasant
The P³ truly inspires. During an afternoon creating sounds with the Pendleonium³, I found myself playing funky 70’s freak out soul and Victorian fairground music alongside electronica and environmental hardcore. The instrument’s ability to seamlessly merge organic and electronic elements in rhythmic time kept me playing for hours. The echo and sustain editing controls allow for some truly wonderful development when notes are held. Beside pitch and mod wheels, if your keyboard features aftertouch you are in for an additional treat. Set up to control tuning, the extra expression this allows while playing is superb. To sum up, the Pendleonium³ is a prime example of what makes the Sound Dust world a place of wonder and discovery. The instrument’s sound, versatility and editing capabilities should make it a first choice for those wishing to create highly original music and sound design.