Version: Kontakt 5.8.1 / NCW / V4
Strange guitars, spring reverb, tape echo, vacuum tubes and a broken viola.
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
After a period of evolutionary development, the new PENDLEONIUM4 is here. The control panel has undergone a complete re-think. The new look is sharp and purposeful and the layout of instruments and functions is intuitive and user friendly. A total of 6 sampled source instruments are arranged left to right across the main panel - two baritone guitars, two infinity guitars, Spring Viola and an additional instrument based on samples created with a vintage Roland Space Echo.
Each individual source instrument comes with greatly enhanced editing tools, offering wave shape, ADSR, effects, and volume. To the right of the instrument panel is a dedicated editing bay offering yet more capability. Here you will find reverb and delay sends, reverb, rotor, EQ and dirt for gnarly lo-fi effects.
A second interface window can be opened for velocity and round robin. The best thing about the P4 though, is playing it. With its unique sounds and easy editing, The P4 is an absolute pleasure to play and tweak as you go. It must be stated that this instrument is not attempting to sound like anything else or even to offer any faithful reproduction of its source instruments.
Changelog - V4:
- Snazzy updated GUI
- all speed controls now BPM sync from 12bars to 1/256
- Note start, off, velocity and tuning jitter controls
- Chord ,Key and Scale quantize
- Fairy dust sprinkled over samples.
- New snapshots
Please Note: FULL version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or above needed. PENDLEONIUM4 will load into Player but time out after 10 minutes, so please don't buy this if you are using the free Kontakt Player.
- Baritone Guitar x 2 - amped through custom Laney VC15 valve amp - 2 articulations clean plucked and edgy plucked - 4 velocity layers
- Tape Baritone Guitar - recorded wet through Roland Chorus Echo RE501 with lots of chorus
- Fernandes Sustainer Infinite Guitar x2 -amped through custom Laney VC15 valve amp - 2 articulations clean plucked and edgy plucked - endlessly looped
- Spring Viola -mic-ed and pushed completely wet through a noisey Vermona RetroVerb spring reverb.
- 700 24bit mono samples = 1.53GB with Native Instruments propriety compression
- Note Jitter - randomises note on/off timing , velocity values and tuning between articulations
- Chord and Key quantise - selectable to fix scale and chord type across all keys
- Sample start and loop length control per instrument (except infinite guitars)
- BPM synced pan and volume modulation per instrument
- BPM synced vibrato and chorus per instrument
- 24 custom convolution reverbs per instrument
- 4 fully controllable insert effects - dirt, eq, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb
- 2 fully controllable send effects - delay and algorithmic reverb
- Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modelling page
- 79 instrument snapshots
- Handy build in instructions in RTFM page
This is a nice update from v3---more snapshots, added features, and the sounds are still "Dust" but they sound fatter from the start. The added chording and scaling features, along with the BPM features, add a lot more sound-shaping and performance options to an already capable instrument. If you have some other Sound Dust libraries, the GUI or approach will probably be familiar; if not, you will get what's going on in short order with the use of the help tab. There's a reason that Spitfire features curated Sound Dust collections. Also note that v4 was a free update here at KH and thanks to Sound Dust and Kontakt Hub for that.
Pendle is the man and this update is great for Pendleonium. It’s great to have an instrument that can produce straight baritone guitar sounds and then something that is indescribable all in one package.
When you fire up a sound dust instrument, you really get unexpected inspiration from everything at your finger tips. Get ready to approach timbre and tone in a whole new way.
Super deep features for sound design as with all sound dust stuff!