Pattern Strings is a library for creating ostinato string patterns.
It can achieve a wide range of moods, from lightly pulsating string beds to pounding, energetic textures. 19 rhythms have been recorded at two dynamic layers on violin, viola, cello, and bass, and each rhythm was recorded as a 4 bar loop.
The interface allows you to seamlessly piece together sections of these loops in order to create endlessly customizable ostinato string patterns. Because the samples are so long, the interface was designed with a dynamic loading system which only loads whichever samples are needed for the current pattern and chosen instrumentation.
This interface is great for experimenting and learning how strings can blend together.
Version 1.1 Update:
- Panning for individual instruments
- Panning for each sequencer lane
- Randomise patterns
- Remove individual pattern parts using a backspace function (instead of having to clear the entire pattern)
Version 1.2 Update:
- New Feature - Assign each instrument to individual patterns (or both at once)
- New Feature - Tempo sync to 1/2x 1x or 2x speed
- New Feature - Release Samples
- New Feature - Record Mode and Midi Export functionality
- New Feature - Attack and Decay envelopes for individual rhythms
- New Feature - Option to switch to different time stretching modes in order to reduce CPU load.
Version 1.3 Update:
- Further nkis, options and enhancements to improve CPU usage