Vintage Tape Echo - VST2, VST3, AU, and AAX (64bit)
Outer Space is a faithful emulation plugin of a famous vintage tape echo made in the early seventies. As the original unit, Outer Space features a tape echo section with three playback heads and a spring reverb tank.
We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback.
We’ve also modelled the ballistic response of the delay rate (repeat rate) which can create eerie pitch shifts (due to the Doppler effect), one of the classic tape echo-based sound effects.
- Vintage Tape Echo
- 3 Tape modes: Original, Modern, Old
- Spring Reverb (with short/long Decay)
- Background Noise with Envelope
- Oversample up to 16x
- Resizable Window
- Preset system with randomizer
- Formats: VST2, VST3, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
- Platforms: OSX, Windows
- Improved: Clear Buffer on Playback/Reset of the Host
- Improved: Dropdown panel stays open/closed as selected by the user
- Improved: Partial support for retina displays
- Added: Online Authorization Form
- Fixed: Gain inconsistencies when changing samplerate on some hosts
- Fixed: Meta-parameter (Repeat Rate) issue
- Fixed: Phase issue when Pre-Amp is enabled
- Fixed: Random crash on Mojave with Logic Pro 10.4.3
- Windows XP SP2 / OSX 10.7
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz or equivalent
- 2 GB RAM / 500 MB HD
- Screen resolution: 1024×768
- VST2, VST3, AU, or AAX 32-bit or 64-bit host
- Volume/Pan for each Head
- Low/Hi Cut for Feedback Section
- Ducking control
- Pre-Emphasis Filter
- Rate Ballistic control
- Variable Speed (± 50 ms)
- Preamp switch
- and more!
Just like the original unit, with the Mode selector you can choose 12 different combinations of echo playback heads and reverb (4 Echo only, 7 Echo+Reverb, 1 Reverb only).
We’ve modelled three different tape types. The original RT-1L, a more modern replacement, and an older worn out tape. Each tape will affect the sound in a subtle but different way, especially at higher feedback (Intensity) settings.
WOW/Flutter will also change according to the selected tape, creating different amount of pitch and volume nonlinearities.
Changing the speed of the repetitions (Repeat Rate) will also affect the tape frequency response.
DEMO VERSION AVAILABLE
Click the 'Demo' Icon above to download the demo
Demo limitations: In demo mode the plug-in will output silence for 3 seconds every 45 seconds.
Download from Audio Thing
Please note: This product is downloaded from the Audio Thing website. After your purchase you will be sent a unique code. Download the activation guide PDF from your account for further details.