MCE4 - Steel Drum Percussion
Version: Kontakt 5.5.1 / WAV / V1
A drum machine for Tom Waits
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
A kit of lovely, dusty, binaurally recorded acoustic drum samples and slightly prepared steel drums….a kind of Tom Waits percussion machine featuring drums in all shapes and sizes.
There are huge flappy marching band bass drums, ripped and rattly snares and kicks, frame drums, congas, bongos, toms, hi-hats, cymbals, boxes, broken metal shelving…
- 400+ original 24bit binaurally recorded samples.
- Bang Engine page - 12 user programmable, key triggered sequencers with 12 tracks of drum hits per sequence - up to 30 sounds available per note.
- Klang Engine page - 12 user programmable, key triggered sequencers with 12 tracks of steel drums per sequence - up to15 sounds available per note.
- One Shot Kit page -4 octaves of programmable one shot kits with chaos and order parameter randomisation control.
- Sends and Master FX page - control of master levels , master EQ and transient designer.
- 10 instrument presets (.nki's) for Kontakt 5.
- Klang/Bang Engines - drawable, per note control of: sound selection, volume, reverb send, hold time, low pass/high pass filter, pan, sample start, tune, lo-fi & compression.
- Klang/Bang Engines - sound selection chaos control.
- Klang/Bang Engines - timing chaos control.
- Klang/Bang Engines - 'remix' control with 32 loop variations per engine.
- Klang/Bang Engines - 16 or 32 beat per track selection.
- Klang/Bang Engines - solo & mute per sound.
- Klang/Bang Engines - copy/paste of patterns & tracks.
- Swing amount control for extra hippity hoppity.
- One Shot Kits - individually editable note articulations with jitter, release, flam, drag, ruff, roll, muted, speed roll,geiger plus 16th, 8th and triplet repeats.
- One Shot Kits- 2 convolution reverb sends
- One Shot Kits - 24 custom reverb impulses made from hardware and real spaces .
- One Shot Kits - per note control of reverb send, pitch, high & low pass filters, volume attack & decay, volume & pan.
- Built in instruction manual in RTFM tab.
Prepared Steel Drums
These are a neglected set of bass and cello steel pans played with fingers and soft mallets to avoid sounding like proper steel drums (more apocalypse than calypso), the tunings are a bit iffy, but there are plenty of velocity layers per hit for a rusty hang drum like effect.
A Multitude of Applications
Great for making wonky, dusty beats, chunky acoustic EDM or even epic film scoring.
Both kits were recorded binaurally in a great sounding room with long decays.
presets might not be much, but the UI makes creating good stuff easy once you get the hang of it!
Anything by Sound Dust is an instant win. Highly recommend