High School Drum Corps
Version: Kontakt / WAV / V1
Tight Marching Band Drums
Download Method: Continuata
The Soundiron High School Drumcorps is a multi-sample drum library focused on capturing the powerful, tight sound of small marching band drum line. There’s a certain unique punch to those hard mid-tones with that truncated dry snap of marching snares and bass drums. It’s quite distinct from the solid, pleasing punch and smooth resonance of typical rock, jazz and symphonic percussion. These drums are meant to be heard loud and clear from a great distance, delivered with the staccato snap of a military formation.
If you're unsure whether this is right for you, here's a short example of what's included in High School Drum Corps
- Indoor and Outdoor Recording, with Football Field and Band Rehearsal Hall locations
- Marching Snare (field): strike, flam, rim shot and rimclick, looping double-stroke rolls w/ release samples, 5-6 velocities, 10x round-robin per velocity layer
- Marching Snare (hall): strike, flam tight, flam loose, rimclick, rimclick flam, looping double-stroke roll and crescendo sustains w/ release, short crescendo rolls, 8-11 velocities, 10x round-robin per velocity
- 5 Tuned Marching Bass Drums (field): 20" – 36" diameter pitched drums with hard mallets, strike & rimclick, looping & crecendo roll w/ release, 6-8 velocities, 10x round-robin
- 48" Concert Bass Drum (hall): soft mallet strike on cowhide skin, 6 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Full Bass, Snare and Quad Ensemble (field): Unison strikes and rimclicks, 7-9 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Full Bass, Snare and Quad Ensemble (hall): Unison strikes and rimclicks, 8-11 velocities, 10x round-robin
- Field Recordings and soundscapes of 10 general parade crowd ambiences
- 954 MB installed
- 1,523 Samples (standard pcm wav)
- 10 .nki files (unlocked format)
- 24 bit / 44.1kHz stereo PCM wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt 4.2.4 .nki and pcm .wav
Includes a free bonus collection of live parade and marching band field recordings & soundscapes.
Mike was a marching percussionist back in his youth. To capture this library, he returned to his old alma mater many years later to capture the feeling and sound of playing in a small marching drum corps live and in the flesh Our goal was not simply to capture the sound of watching the band from the bleachers, but to put you right there in the drum line yourself, all the way from the rehearsal hall to out onto the field on game day. Our goal was not simply to capture the sound of watching from the bleachers, but to put you right there in the drum line yourself.
To do that, we recorded the drum line in both a large indoor band hall and an open-air outdoor football field environments to provide you more freedom and really put you right in the action. The hall has a live room wetness, while the field position has a much drier sound, with a subtle echo and natural environmental background. The indoor version was recorded in a wood, tile and fabric surfaced band rehearsal hall. The outdoor recordings were done on the stadium field, so there are occasional stray sonic elements buried in the sound from the outside world. We’ve also done some live marching bands and parade ambiences to really put you into the action when a bit of sound design is called for. This library has all the flavor and verve of a classic high school marching band drum line, with plenty of pop, crack, whump and boom to bring a little more life into your tracks.
HIGH SCHOOL DRUM CORPS
There are 2 Marching snares, and 5 tuned marching bass drums (20″ – 36″) for the field recordings, along with quads in the indoor and outdoor ensemble strikes and rim clacks. The indoor recordings feature the same snares and a large 48” concert bass drum which has been in continuous use by the band for over 30 years. The head of the concert bass drum is made of cow hide and it’s played with a large, soft cloth and felt mallet, providing a deeply massive sub-sonic boom. For the full drum line there are flam and rim strike articulations with all instruments playing in unison (snare, bass drums, quads).
Our custom UI for Kontakt provides custom ensemble building, note release control, a variety of different environmental convolution impulses and lots of other tone shaping features, providing you the freedom to sculpt your own performance. The powerful Megamixer interface lets you to create custom ensembles with up to 12 drums, with individual key-mapping, tuning, panning, release control, shaping and mixing and dynamic sample loading for optimal resource use. It also includes a specialized version of our Uberpeggiator arp system, with our intuitive "EZ-Roll" mode to generate dynamic bpm-based single-stroke rolls and flams, with velocity swelling, humanization control and much more.
This product is distributed using advanced watermarking technology provided by Continuata. After purchase you will be provided with a unique code. You must visit the following URL:
and use the Continuata software to download the product. Enter the provided code to unlock your purchase.
Divergent Audio Group
Advanced Textures, Pulses and AmbiencesView Product £55.00 £46.75 YOU SAVE 15%
Indie Fingers Vol 3 - Rhythmic Mayhem
Dream Audio Tools
Rhytmic GuitarsView Product £28.00
The Orbitone Collection I and II
Featuring The Worlds Oldest String Synth That Never Was!…View Product £20.85