Version: Kontakt 5.2.1 / WAV / V1.5
Steinway and Sons Concert Grand
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
Gran Coda is a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt that offers you a stunning detailed experience of a real Concert Piano. Sampled from a real Steinway & Sons concert piano, immediately after an accurate tuning operation. The sound is extremely clear, dynamic and realistic, thanks to the sampling of all the sound details with very hi-sense microphones.
Please ensure you have the full version of kontakt to run this library. Do not buy if you intend to use the free kontakt player version.
Gran Coda features realistically rendered pianos interfaces to inspire you during your performance.
- 48 KHz 24-bit Stereo sample resolution
- 6 .NKI presets
- 5 dynamic layers smoothly connected to avoid sudden sound changes
- Keys, Sustain pedal & Damper FX
- Sustain pedal samples with Hephaestus' IR Harmonic Restoration and Hephaestus' Real-Time Engine to switch between closed & damper samples in real-time when pressing the sustain pedal
- Resonance & Key-off samples
- Release key noises have a dedicated script to avoid the sustain pedal release conflict
- Distance knob to move the piano away from you
- Stereo knob to adjust the sound field
- Soundboard, Presence and Exciter knobs to adjust the sound frequencies
- Dedicated environment with an IR sample reverb
- Compressed file size of ONLY 317 MB
- Works on Kontakt 5.2.1 or newer (15 minutes on Kontakt Player).
Good quality. Gran coda concert similar to the Bosendorfer
Piano from my shool
I remember the sound of a piano from my music school. Gran Coda sounds the same. I have a huge sentiment. It's lightweight, natural. I often use Gran Coda.
Nice Piano Sound
A very nice and inspiring piano sound for a relatively small footprint.
A Great Grand Piano Library
Hephaestus Sounds always makes us nice surprises, whether are these its free titles or its affordable and great sounding commercial libraries.
Gran Coda, based on a Steinway grand piano, is surely the best inexpensive piano library for Kontakt, judged upon its content, quality of the sound and playability. It has all necessary patches for a budget virtual piano library - a concert grand, a studio grand, a rock and a pop grand, an upright and a saloon piano and even a harpsichord. The sound is clear, convincing, a bit feeble in lower register, but sharp and dry and utilizable for any kind of professional musical production. Included controls are good.
The bottom line would be a very realistically sounding grand/upright piano library, with high playability and for a fraction of the price other libraries of similar quality have.
Bravo once again for Hephaestus.
A a dozen pianos, each using a variety of adjustments and effects. Good sounds all round, very versatile and workable in many recording situations.
The adjustments and effects are a real bonus.
The Gran Coda demo was one of my most used Kontakt pianos. The demo included just the concert piano which is fantastic by itself, but when I learned that I was able to get 12 different pianos of the same quality for only $10, I immediately jumped at the opportunity. This library is fantastic. I really don't need any other for a straight up piano sound in my songs. Would highly recommend this library.
Veo que es un gran producto y de gran calidad, además por un precio muy reducido.
Carlos Andrés Paspuel Pusda
A good set of samples
A good set of samples
Demo - Contrasto
Check out this demo by Daniel Gus Maffei using the Gran Coda piano. Other sounds from Diva, Oberheim Sem V/3 Effects: Modular V2 Efx/5, Tantra.