Version: Kontakt 5.1 / WAV / V1
Experimental String Percussion Library
Download Method: Soundiron
Fountain Wires is a unique experimental stringed, tuned percussion and ambient/FX library born of pure chance. During a recent exploration to the California Southland, with it’s sun-baked chrome, glass, plastic and steel landscape and high-octane energy, we happened across a cool piece of ordinary architecture with some very cool sonic potential - a shady fountain sanctuary ringed by tightly strung steel cable fencing, hidden in the midst of Hollywood’s grit.
We pulled out our trusty field recording gear and a heavy guitar pick and set to work, sampling a wide range of different wires, each with it’s own tone and character. The bass-heavy, full-sounding resonance of each cable mixed with the peaceful white noise drone of the fountains surrounding us to produce a rather beautiful and curious result.
We then took the raw material back to our studio, pulled it apart and wound it all back together into a unique experimental instrument toolkit. Our goal with this library was to combine authentic field-recorded muso-environmental sounds and specialized sound design techniques to craft a playable and inspiring soundset that brings together the best of both the acoustic and synthetic audio worlds.
- 13 Instrument Presets with 31 selectable articulations, performance controls, Arp sequencing and full FX rack.
- 6 Tuned Plucked String Percussion Articulations each with 12x RR and a fluid dynamic response.
- 12 Tuned Plucked Hybrid acoustic-source re-synthesized lead and FX sound sets with 12x RR and a fluid dynamic response.
- 13 ambient, atmospheric, tonal pad and environmental sustains
- Custom key-mapping control panel pop-up window
- Arpeggiation step-sequencer and roll-simulator control panel pop-up window
a good sounding software for a small price
Soundiron has a lot of libraries. They have a lot of great libraries. This one is no exception. If you are looking for extremely interesting sounds that are totally out if the box, this has you covered.
I like the string and pad sounds you get from this. You can definitely make a whole song from just layering different patches.
There’s a lot of inspiration in here. Definitely recommend!