Version: Kontakt 5.5.1 / NCW / V2
Steve Reich in a punch up with Trent Reznor
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
Flutter EP is an electric piano like you've never heard before.
She is packed to the brim with specially devised samples made from a variety of slutty analogue hardware synths and keyboards. All sample sets morph and loop through various transitions for a mind boggling selection of unique but Wurly-ish, Rhodes-y, organ-esque, DX like electric piano type sounds....but of course there is a twist which makes her very different.
Think Radiohead, Jon Hopkins, Nils Frahm, Ólafur Arnalds or maybe Steve Reich in a fist fight with Trent Reznor.
- 1.2GB (compressed) 24bit stereo samples
- 120 presets created from 12 imagined electric piano and organ multisample sets
- Sample sets made from cunning variations of Hohner Pianet T, Moog Voyager, Nord Modular, Nord Wave, Soulsby Atmegatron, Waldort Wave XTand DSi Pro2 all recorded through a stereo pair of Warm Audio Tone Beast preamps
- Macro page -for quick access to master controls of volume envelope, filter, effect sends and tube/transistor distortion.
- Macro page -instant shape presets for volume envelope and filters
- Micro page -individual control on a per note basis of volume envelope, pan, low and highpass filters and effects sends
- Micro page -individual control on a per note basis of sample start, loop position and loop length
- Micro page -individual per note trigger settings for BPM synced note repeats
- Micro page -chaos and order controls for instant parameter randomisation
- Flutter control - modwheel hard wired to unique 'flutter' effect -wiggle it and you'll soon find out what it does
- 20 custom reverb convolution impulses
- RTFM tab -so you can't lose the manual
FULL version of Kontakt 5.5.1 or above is required
The main interface is divided into 12 parts which (if you look hard enough) show the octave of a keyboard starting at C on the left. Each column gives individual parameter control for each corresponding note of the six octave range, whatever you do to the C column affects all of the Cs and nothing else etc.
You get the usual volume envelope, pan, low and high pass filter, filter lfo speed and shape, and 3 effects sends but in Flutter they can be different for every note of the octave. There is the same per note control of sample start, loop start and loop time, all controllable in realtime!
Flutter has a special trigger mode for each individual note over 6 octaves which can set BPM synced note repeats from 64ths to bars (inc triplets). Imagine holding a chord with each note repeating in different BPM synced cycle lengths...
The modwheel-powered Flutter control unleashes the 'fluttering' effect that gives this beauty her name. Wiggle the wheel for instant live jitter/glitch/fluttering effects. Flutter EP may sound complicated but she is really quite simple and a quick, intuitive and 'vibey' way of writing complex sounding music with just a few fingers.
Flutter EP has been updated to include the new Wavetable mode function. The Wavetable mode is a separate nki file that gives you complete control over the grain, position, loop length and speed of the given sample playback and includes 58 snapshot presets
Brilliant! Sound Dust always comes with extremely creative and great-sounding products. A+