Version: Kontakt 5.5.2 / WAV / V1
The signature sound of an early 70's synth
Download Method: Soundiron
Soundiron's Eko Panda captures that signature nostalgic sound of an early 70's synth, perfect for recreating your favorite old-school leads and pads.
The Panda 61 Piano is a vintage 61-key synthesizer built by the Italian electronics company Eko back in the 1960s and early 70s. The Panda was marketed ostensibly as an electric piano, but the internal workings and warm tone are that of a classic early monophonic synthesizer, with basic waveforms designed to very roughly approximate the sound of an e-piano, harpsichord, horns, strings and winds. We’ve captured 7 core voices, with both infinite sustains and tight staccatos. We’ve also created 20 custom FX presets and 40 unique sound-designed synth patches, pads, drones and atmospheres from the raw source to give you a full range of creative options while preserving the essential soul of this humble sonic pioneer.
We’ve packed the GUI with lots of great sound-shaping controls that give you the flexibility to warp the sound in many ways. You have control over Volume, Attack, Release, Transient Offset, Vibrato and Octave layering. The "Glide" control slider allows you to play legato and portamento leads. You’ll also find an adaptable LFO system, with selectable LFO shape, modulation target parameter, speed, intensity, tempo-syncing and fade-in time. You can also apply your choice of 13 lowpass, high-pass and FX filter, with assignable modulation con-trol options, including velocity, modwheel, expression, after-touch, key position and step-sequencer table control. You can also use our customizable arpeggiator, with a built-in velocity sequencer table and control over arp direction, note timing, swing, randomization and duration.
Eko Panda was recorded in a dry studio using a pair of Neumann TLM 103 large diaphragm microphones. We recorded its stock presets with sustains and staccato samples for each key. The included octave, vibrato and FX rack give you an easy-to-use interface to completely customize and shape its fat analog sound to fit a variety of creative styles.
The library comes equipped with flexible control features, like Swell, pitch Glide, Attack, Release, Vibrato, and Octave. There’s also a complete DSP effects rack, including convolution reverb with dozens of unique spaces, such as cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of otherworldly FX impulses to fully explore and endless variety of strange and unexpected sonic manipulations.
- 2 Main Instrument Presets with advanced performance controls, vibrato, glide speed, LFO, Filter, Arp and full FX rack.
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets.
- Sustains, staccatos and sound-designed samples.
- Turn the Glide slider up for monophonic legato functionality, or turn it down to 0 for standard polyphonic mode.
- The Octave knob gradually adds a lower and higher octave doubling effect for more body and power.
- Convolution Reverb with 119 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
- 2 main powerful open-format Kontakt .nki instruments
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
- 1.19 GB Installed
- 894 Stereo Samples
- 24 bit / 48kHz Stereo uncompressed PCM wav audio
- Unlocked wav samples can be directly imported into almost any wav-compatible plugin or DAW.
The full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt version 5.5.2 (or later) is required to use .nki instrument presets included in this library. The free Kontakt "Player" and "Add Library" import process do not support this standard open-format Kontakt library. Windows 7 or higher. Mac OSX 10.9 or higher. Dual Core CPU, 2 GB System Ram, SATA or SSD hard drive recommended for this library.
This software is delivered as a digital download, so a broadband connection is required. All sales are final.