Version: Kontakt 5.8.1 / WAV / V1.1
Glissando Violin Risers and Effects
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
Dark Ascents is a collection of glissando violin risers recorded off the cuff with copious amounts of whiskey. Originally meant as a basic group of risers to layer into productions, they became a different animal as time went on. It is, on the surface, an instrument of violin risers and falls - however it’s highly encouraged to explore it as an instrument of chaos, especially by tweaking the Main Controls, and diving into the Glitch functions found on the Motion page.
This can result in anything from unsettling pitched-down textures, chopped/glitchy madness, to tempo-synced buzzing of electric lights and horrific machinery.
- Now works with the full version of Kontakt 5.8.1
- Build/shape a stack of violin risers with a quickness
- Generate pointillistic, grainy wildness with the Glitch functions
- Pitch and Panning set individually per-note, or globally for all
- Chaos is encouraged with automatable randomization features, including Pitch, Sample Start, Pan, and Glitch table
- Instant save/recall of certain parameters for quick explorations, or automating between two states
- Custom convolution reverbs from around the Seattle area
- Fast tweaks with an intuitive GUI and FX chain
- Pitch LFO, and Chop functions for stutters - syncable to DAW
- Built-in adaptive EQ to help mitigate low frequency build up as the pitch drops
- General weirdness, duh
- 316 MB download / 348 MB installed
- 256 violin risers/descents recorded at 48KHz/24-bit
- 8 NKI Instruments
- 4 glissando articulations (Normal, Sul Ponticello, Tremolo, Sul Ponticello Tremolo)
- The full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 (or later) is required to use this library. The free Kontakt player will not work.
who\'d have thought
Who'd have thought a violin could make so many different sounds: from creepy to ethereal, looking forward to more fro this developer.
Nice horroresque sounds
All what you need to add acustical horrer risers etc.
Very scary and unique!
I use these on every horror and trailer track now. Great for risers and many great effects. Worth way more than what I bought it for. Practically a steal.
F***ing Amazing Tool!!!
Amazing Tool, get it and enjoy it!!!
its worth the low price
has some small sounding string risers that you can manipulate, for the low price its worth it.
Sounds Amazing 10/10