Continuo is a complex-sounding cinematic texture designer tool based on electric guitars for creating endless pads, unusual soundscapes, characteristic atmospheres and experimental sublayers especially for film, video games and electronic music. This is the first release of our cinematic series with our brand new, easy-to-use Layer Designer Engine where you can edit, modulate and mix up to 4 individual Instrument Modules at the same time. Continuo is created in
collaboration with the multi-instrumentalist, electronic music producer & composer IAMYANK.
Your continuous journey starts now.
- 18 extra long guitar sample modules with rare sound setups: raw sounding Fender guitar textures with a lot of fortuitousness
- Bowed, tremolos, vibratos, beaten (with a wooden stick) techniques and a 300x stretched guitar patch
- Super large reverbs recorded through Eventide & Strymon effect processors
- Equipment used: UA1176, Roland Dimension D, Studer A800, Pultec EQP-1, UAD RAW, Strymon Deco / BigSky, Eventide Blackhole
- New Layer Designer Engine with inspiring, super clean interface
- 60+ Factory & Artist presets
- Over 80 controls on a simplified GUI
- Run up to 4 Sound Modules at the same time
- 8 LFO Modulation presets / Module
- 4 EQ presets / Module
- 2 effects / Module + 2 Send effects
- Master EQ, Compressor & Limiter
- 24bit / 48kHz sample rate
- 2.5 GB lossless compressed size (3.5 GB original size)
- Full version of Kontakt 5.7.3+ required - not for Kontakt Player
“The patches in Continuo Guitars are wonderfully organic, blending well both with acoustic and synth sound pallets. It’s a very well crafted, musician forward library”
- Richie Kohan, Trailer Composer (Spiderman, X-Men Apocalypse, John Wick)
“Inpiring and flexible tool with many faces.”
- Peter Vozar, Trailer Composer (Avengers: Endgame, First Man, Narcos: Mexico)
"Continuo is a beautiful rendition of sounds bridging the now and the future. I heard it through a certain familiarity contained in the patches combined with carefully crafted layers of rich and complex subtleties of sonic delight."
- Gabriel Dib, Film Score Composer (Criminal Minds, Child of Nature, The Story of Us)
Inspiring, super clean interface right out of the box.
Need more controls? Under the hood you get more than 80+ smarty adjusted control options!
4 Modules in 1
With the new engine you can run up to 4 Sound Modules at the same time. Also you can add effects and modulations individually on these Sound Modules.
Every Slot comes with 4 EQ, 2 vintage effects (Slow Leslie rotator & a Classic Phaser) and 2 Lexicon-style reverb sends.
The combinations of these controls can surpise you with some very insteresting new textures.
Turn your sound into pulses or create a super complex moving soundscape combining the settings on the 4 Slots.
Choose from 8 different LFO presets from fast to slow automatically synced to your DAW’s / Kontakt master clock.
Add a final touch or go extreme with the Master Section: an SSL Style Channel EQ, Glue Compressor & a Master Limiter. Thanks to the high quality recordings changing these parameters (especially the EQ settings) can dramatically change your overall sound. Pimp up your textures, add some extra edge, brillance, fatness with these rich sounding features at the final stage.
Great atmospheric guitar sounds for cinematic music
I love this instrument! It's very well done, with a clean interface and fanastic sounds. The guitars do have an eerie, atmospheric quality to them, and some of them would work very well in cincematic music. Another use case would be post rock, where you find similar swells, pad and pluck sounds. One minor complaint: The interface, while being clean, does waste a bit of space - I wish they would include more controls instead, even in the reduced view. However, that's my only (little) complaint here. And indeed, the design is similiar to some of the instruments NI and other companies have released lately, so they are not alone here. That said, if you are into cinematic guitar-like atmospheres, washes, pads, and plucks, this is a "must".