Version: Kontakt 5.7.1 / WAV / V1
State-of-the-art cinematic loop module
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
CINEMATRIX delivers truly unique and inspiring sounds right out of the box.
It is a state-of-the-art cinematic loop module for KONTAKT containing 350 different kits that can be played in tandem across four categories (Bass, Melody, Ambience and Groove).
These kits are built using the included 1.300 (unencrypted) 24-bit WAV files.
All loops can be played polyphonically timestretched within a range of two octaves (24 semitones).
Each part has it´s own color-coded range on the keyboard.
You can alternatively play the loops sliced using the "SLICE" button in the sequencer pages.
There are special MIDI trigger keys/notes that enable you to retrigger a currently playing slice (when a sequencer is turned on) or to trigger a volume "trancegate" per part.
THE MIX PAGE
From here you can mix and match the individual loops (parts).
The top LCD shows the current kit or simply "---USER---" if you’ve modified the kit (loaded a different loop).
You have 4 LC-displays that show the current (loaded) loop.
From there you can select different loops or let CINEMATRIX choose new ones by clicking on the "R" buttons (randomize).
The randomize buttons have different functions depending on what key you press at the same time:
- NO KEY: chooses a random loop from the part’s loop list.
- SHIFT: randomizes parameters in the FX and EDIT page and chooses a random FX preset.
- ALT/OPTION: chooses a random loop for all four parts at once.
- SHIFT + ALT/OPTION: chooses a random loop for all parts + randomizes FX and EDIT page values (random FX preset).
NOTE: When you press SHIFT and ALT/OPTION on the first randomize button on the mix page (BASS section), then that will also alter the sequencer state randomly (on or off) and choose a random sequencer preset for all four parts.
The SOLO buttons can be used to solo parts.
Clicking any SOLO button with CONTROL/COMMAND or SHIFT will deactivate any active solo.
For almost all controls you can press ALT/OPTION and adjust the value for all parts at once. (It´s always stated in KONTAKT’s information window). CONTROL/COMMAND will reset values. SHIFT is for fine-tuning.
The SPACE knobs set the amount of convolution reverb for the selected part.
(The "SPACE" toggle button must be enabled in the FX page).
The FX buttons can be used to enable or disable FX sections for the parts.
The SEQ buttons will enable/disable the per-part sequencer.
THE EDIT PAGE
The EDIT page lets you set up parameters for each of the four parts.
CINEMATRIX features per-part loop speed control (half, normal, double speed and freeze).
You got a filter modifier with cutoff and resonance, amplifier and filter envelope control, modwheel mapping (volume, lowpass or highpass filter cutoff), pitchbend range as well as a solid bus compressor, tape-saturation, a lowcut and a stereo width adjustment.
THE FX PAGE
CINEMATRIX comes with a comprehensive onboard FX section. Besides the basic bread-and-butter effects like auto-pan, flanger and delay, you also got some more interesting effects:
The STEP FILTER is a tempo-synced bandpass filter that randomly changes it’s cutoff. The AMOUNT controls the strength of the cutoff sweeps. The STEP GATE is a classical volume "trancegate". In the middle are on/off toggle buttons for the various effect sections. To the right is a preset menu with 32 presets and a randomize button that chooses one randomly.
The SPACE REVERB comes with 60 impulse responses that you can choose via the dropdown menu.
This convolution reverb is available for each part!
THE SEQ PAGE
Perhaps the most interesting thing in CINEMATRIX. Each part has a 2 x 32 step sequencer that let´s you not only control the sample offset per part but also the loop offset. So basically it loads 32 loops per part into the RAM and then you can offset which one to play. (Which delivers really interesting results in no time!).
Furthermore, each part has 32 presets (together with the famous "R" button), a rate control (1/2 , 1/4, 1/8 , 1/16), start step and end step offset knobs + a SLICE and a GATE button:
- GATE button: If the current step in the first (sample offset) sequencer is 0 it won´t play the loop at this moment. (Required for some presets.)
- SLICE button: Let´s you play the first 24 slices on the keyboard of the selected loop chromatically. ("AKAI-Style").
It will then use the default pitch, that you can still change using the SEMI knobs on the mix page
On top of that, you can even record your own pattern data using the pattern recording buttons for either sample offset (SO) or loop offset (LO). There are 8 user-patterns available for that purpose (that get saved to disk as well).
WHAT YOU GET
- 350 preset kits that guarantee instant inspiration. If that’s not enough you can use the randomization features of CINEMATRIX to generate endless “new” kits.
- 1.300 24-bit host-synced loops (3.2GB)
- 350 preset kits (download a kit list PDF here)
- based on the powerful SYNFERNO engine (14k+ lines of script code)
- central mixing section with 2x parametric EQ per part
- seperate edit, fx and sequencer pages
- comprehensive effects section with 4x convolution reverb
- polyphonic timestretching, MIDI hotkeys
- intelligent randomization
- per-part step sequencer with sample and loop offset
- awesome editing and sound-shaping capabilities
- mix and match loops for endless posibilities
- unencrypted WAV loops - ready for any DAW
- fast preset kit browsing utilizing KONTAKT’s snapshot feature
- CINEMATRIX is fully automatable
- instantly useable and inspiring sounds right at your fingertips
- 100% royalty free
- instant download after purchase from fast servers
- NOTE: Full version of KONTAKT 5.7.1+ required! (NOT Kontakt Player)
Good Kontakt Instrument.
I like Rigid Audio, and like this loops.
It seems easy to make cinematic music.
Nice for the price!
Cinematrix is not exactly what I thought it would be, however...overall I find it useful for various cinematic trailer elements. Definitely worth the discount price I paid.
This is awesome
Big Fish Audio
A virtual instrument that captures the heart and soul of B-Movie cinemaView Product £72.50
Mini Magic - Dark Tones Vol 2
Morphable Dark Ambient Sounds from Synth Magic.View Product £10.00
Big Fish Audio
A collection of original instruments and textures suitable for all ambient musicView Product £150.00