Cassette Mallets.01 is a collection of 3 bell / mallet instruments recorded on a cassette with an old & wonky recorder. Every instrument from this library is a mixture of physical modeling & fm synthesis with a range of E2 to E6 and 3 velocity layers which were designed from the ground-up for good playability range. The GUI is very simple, yet useful and almost synth-like, so it’s very easy and fun to work with.
Every instrument has editable “sample start” parameter (controlled with the GUI or Mod Wheel), so you could easily get rid of the initial transients while designing your sound. Moreover, because of the fact that this kind of instruments sounds great when transposed down there’s an “-12” switch added to the GUI which transposes every instrument down by octave.
Every note has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note. Noise can still be added with the noise slider - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
The End Result
- Useful and fun production tool
- If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
- Simple, one page interface
- Everything is laid out on one page allowing fast sound design possibilities.
- Simulated Round Robin
- Makes notes sound realistic when played ostinato (even when playing fast) - check out the introduction video to hear it in action.
- Variety of sounds
- With this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already 31 presets included to get you started.
- 511 MB of samples (271 MB after lossless Kontakt compression)
- 3 instruments
- 49 keys range
- 442 samples in total (147 per instrument + 1 noise sample)
- 3 velocity layers per instrument
- Editable "Sample Start" parameter
- Octave down switch
- Simulated round-robin
- REV (reverse) mode
- Mono mode
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
- 31 presets
- Full version of Kontakt 5.5.2 (or higher) is required - you can load this instrument in Kontakt Player but it'll work only for limited time
Really cool, wonky, lofi mallets
Great lofi sound, really nice GUI as well. 70's time machine :)
Fractured: Prepared Acoustic Guitar
The Acoustic Guitar Like Never BeforeView Product £75.27