It's a unique mixture of physical modelling and fm synths recorded on a cassette with an old & wonky cassette recorder. It has a range from C0 to E6 and 4 carefully designed velocity layers.
The GUI is very simple, yet useful and almost synth-like - so just like its predecessor Cassette Piano, it’s very easy and fun to work with. Feel free to check out the introduction video to hear and see it in action:
Every note of this instrument has been carefully denoised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note. Noise can still be added with the noise slider - it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering.
It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
- 848 MB of samples (452 MB after lossless Kontakt compression)
- Simulated round-robin
- REV (reverse) mode
- Mono mode
- 4 velocity layers
- One-page interface for easy and fast sound design
- 30 presets
Full version of Kontakt 5.5.1 (or higher) is required - you can load this instrument in Kontakt Player but it'll work only for limited time
THE END RESULT
- Useful and fun production tool
- If you like vintage sounds and you're looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you.
- Simple, one page interface
- Everything is laid out on one page allowing fast sound design possibilities.
- Simulated Round Robin
- Makes notes sound realistic when played ostinato (even when playing fast) - check out the introduction video to hear it in action.
- Variety of sounds
- With this instrument you can easily create some weird sounds and there are already 30 presets included to get you started.
Awsome lo-fi tape warped keys...