Version: Kontakt 5.3.1 / NCW / V1.1.1
Experimental Home-made Cello
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
In December 2018, Dave Hilowitz built a fully playable cello out of an old silverware box.
Now you can own the sounds of this totally unique instrument in a feature-packed Kontakt library.
Requires the full version of Kontakt (version 5.3.1 or later).
**Updated to V1.1.1 with new Legato Patch
- Compatible with the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.3.1 (or later)
- Three articulations: sustain (both velocity and modwheel), spiccato and pizzicato
- Up to 8 round robins per note, 2 velocity layers for a maximum total of 16 different samples per note!
- 2 velocity layers
- ADSR controls on all patches (except spiccato)
- Recorded with three different mics (including a piezo contact mic). Mic levels are controllable after the fact to give maximum sonic flexibility
- EQ controls on all patches
- Three experimental patches: Texture I, Open Strings, Open Strings (Ensemble)
- Custom convolution reverb with reverb level knob
- Sample rate: 24-bit 48khz
- Library size: 1.03GB (each articulation is separate patch so you can easily remove less used articulations if you find yourself short on disk space)
Full of unique character & charm
A gorgeous instrument, will be especially useful for scores that need a more interesting sound than a traditional bowed instrument. Not as much body to the sound as a regular cello, which is expected, it's beautifully played and recorded. Slightly folky, enigmatic, reminded me somewhat of a low register nyckelharpa. Personally I wasn't keen on the vibrato on the sustains, but the range of articulations more than made up for it. Bargain!
A handmade extensive toolkit featuring a collection of truly atmospheric and emotive soundsView Product £105.00
Synth Essentials Vol 1
Over 300 presets painstakingly hand-crafted, sculpted and sampled.View Product £65.00