Beat Assembler XT
Version: Kontakt 5.5.1 / WAV / V1
Quantum Drum Machine
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
Beat Assembler is drum computer instrument based on experimental design. It is using randomly or manually generated pattern models, which are then being used as a basis for creating a drum sequence. The machine is using a series of quantizers and sound mappers to re-shape model pattern, fitting it into a time-frame of choice, allowing the user to observe the results on the fly.
Odd Time Signatures
It supports a range of odd time signatures (also in standalone mode) and flexible quantizer size programming, leaving room to experiment with unusual rhythm structures.
- automatic pattern generator
- alternative design of manual pattern editor
- note recorder: input pattern model by keyboard, or record midi playback
- preset system: save sequence to file or memory
- drag'n'drop midi export
- configurable voice group system
- effect rack for each group
- quick access to Kontakt's filter bank
- can serve as sample shell (configurable drum kit size)
- five background themes.
12 Vintage Drumkits
Beat Assembler XT comes with 12 vintage style electronic drum-box patches, including:
- reconstruction of Unitra Rytm 16, polish analog drum machine from the 80's, sampled in 16x round robin, all rhythms reconstructed in Beat Assembler format
- retro electronic drum kits created with rare vintage Sequential Circuits synthesizer
- wacky drum kits made with Casio CZ-3000 synthesizer combined with distortion pedals (for distorted phase distortion effect) and Moog LP filter
- 36 hand programmed pattern models (including patterns from Rytm 16).
Beat Assembler XT requires full version of Kontakt 5.5.1 or newer to run.
I have been playing with the free version for a while, but just had to take advantage of SzcZs finishing touches: this library really swings and like Psychodrumma MKII, can make another synth go crazy, but in a very creative way...