The "Ancient Bowed Psaltery" is an Instrument Sample Library for Native Instruments' Kontakt 5 (FULL version of Kontakt required)
The recorded instrument has 21 strings attached to a triangle shaped corpus made of thin wood.
- 21 notes recorded plucked & bowed plus artificial expansions
- Bowed notes: sharp & cutting || plucked notes: mellow & soft
- A medieval rarity at your service
- Bowed & Plucked patches
- Bowed: 3 Velocity-Layers, 3 Round-Robins each + Release Samples
- Plucked: 3 Velocity-Layers, 5 Round-Robins each
- About 500 Samples
- custom spread-knob for widening the stereo panorama
- At least 500 MB of hard drive space
- Kontakt 5 required Full version - Will only work in demo mode in Kontakt Player
The psaltery is a member of the harps- and zither-family which dates back to the first half of the 13th century. First it was played by plucking the strings with the fingertips but later in the early 20th century it was played with small bows not longer than a cubit.
When played with bows the strings tend to sound a bit thin and silvery but when plucked with fingers the psaltery can sound very gentle and warm. It really depends on the mood that shall be created. Combining both technics can lead to very interesting results.
All good, thanks
Already used this on a track. Easy to use and great sound. Just watch out for those high frequencies building on repeated notes :)
Ethereal, haunting, lovely
When you want this sound, nothing else will do. To be honest I just wanted the bowed psaltery sound - all the others are a bonus. At this price a no brainer!