The "Ancient Belle Glockenspiel" is an Instrument Sample Library for Native Instruments' Kontakt 5. The Bell is a member of the metallophone-family and in regard of its size it is like the bigger sister of the Glockenspiel.
The Bell is well known as an instrument used by marching bands to accompany the high flutes or the Lyra. While the Lyra is carried on a staff, sounding like a Glockenspiel, the Bell is played like a Vibraphone hanging in front of the player.
If you're unsure whether this is right for you, here's a short example of what's included in Ancient Belle Glockenspiel
- Range: is 2,5 octaves from g” to c””, tuned in A=442
- 2 additional pitched octaves above and below native range
- 30 native ranged keys
- 3 Velocity-Layers, 3 Round-Robins each
- About 270 recorded samples
- custom spread-knob for widening the stereo panorama
- At least 50 MB of hard drive space
- Kontakt 5 required Full version - Will only work in demo mode in Kontakt Player
The Ancient Belle Glockenspiel
The solid aluminum bars have a beautiful and warm sound in the middle section and a crystal clear voice in the higher octave reminding of a wonderful music box sound. The Ancient Belle Glockenspiel can be used in a variety of positions:
As a celesta in company of a big orchestra, as a glockenspiel in teen-rock and hand-clap tracks for commercials and promotions but also as a music-box in the horror-genre. Just open your mind and you will find out what it is capable of.
Gorgeous sound to this. But the main reason I purchased it is how good it sounds at 1 octave below the natural range - very useable