Version: Kontakt 5.6.5 / NCW / V1
Ritual Ethnic Percussions and Instruments
Download Method: Kontakt Hub
The aim of this library is not to provide you every conceivable instrument on Earth, but to give you an environment to experiment and to transorm any sound into your own one.
Play with the many effects (all of them fully automatable) already featured within every patch and create your signature sound with a few spin of knobs. You will never end with a "preset sound", but rather with a variation that is truly unique.
Ritual Kontakts will please a very diverse audience: soundtrack composers, ambient musicians, sound designers, devoted to ethnic music and every artist willing to add a touch of eerie feeling to his/her music.
- 27 patches for Kontakt: acoustic instruments, chromatic percussions, ethnic drums, exotic soundscapes, a wide drum kit and many more. Every patch features different variations of the same sounds. By combining them you can obtain dozens of new timbres
- All the patches have a vast range of effects, some triggerable directly from your keyboard, including: filters, delay, reverb, phaser, compressor, distorsions and spatial effects. You won't need any additional effects to obtain the exact sound you are looking for
- Every parameter is fully automatable, you can create evolving and realistic sounds in a breeze
- Everything you hear was sampled or rendered at 96 kHz / 24 bits. You will notice the pristine quality of every single sound
- Every patch has its own GUI, carefully crafted and oriented towards usability and beauty
- FULL version of Kontakt 5.6.5 required - not for Kontakt Player
Go good sounds here.
A Mixed Bag
Some good sounds in here, some patches possibly less useful to me although could work in layers. Found the layout on the keyboard a bit confusing as there is little consistency between patches, using different ranges or only playing four notes per octave so it's recommended to keep the Kontakt keyboard open so as to not think your midi keyboard is malfunctioning.
Ritual Kontakts by Sonus Dept
A surprisingly organic sounding instrument. Great for ritual ambient, dark ambient, soundtrack work, meditative music, or wherever else an organic and/or dark feel might be needed or wanted. Out of the 27 patches on offer, most sound great on their own and with added reverb they can be taken to another level. This isn't just percussion, there are some amazing sound effect patches, along with strings and blown instruments. Using it reminded me of some of Sound Iron's amazing packs. And where many developers don't always bother too much with their GUIs for smaller instruments of this type, Sonus Dept even go so far as to change the GUI backgrounds for the patches and include keyboard notes for FX tiggering!! Sonus Dept are an amazing developer. I am hoping for a second and third, and fourth and fifth instalment of their Ritual library.
Very good samples, funny to play, ispiring
cool bunch of sounds
a nice cool bunch of sounds
You get what you pay for!
First of all, given the price it is not bad, but I would rather have a few really good patches than lots of ones that are not great. The percussion and field recording patches are the best as the pads or longer tuned instruments don't seem to be multi-sampled resulting in them sounding weird if you play anything other than a drone. Some of the percussion sounds are quite nice and although they seem to have been sampled at only one velocity, there are several versions mapped to different places on the keyboard so you can get some variety and naturalness.