Diverse and Extremely Capable Solo Oboe Sample Library for Kontakt 4 and Above (Retail Version Only, not Free Kontakt Player)
Continuing the MASTER SOLO WOODWINDS, we are proud to present the Solo Oboe - an often used (and for good reason), key beautiful colour from within the orchestra.
- Over 12,000+ WAV files/samples in this instrument alone!
- Multiple legato modes at varying dynamics
- Staccatos and shorter Staccatissimos to craft realistic short note passages
- Intuitive trills function allowing easy playing of any trills/tremolos up to a perfect 5th in width! (seven chromatic notes - C to G for example)
- Ability to control level of mechanical noises of the oboe, which also follows your performance
- Flutter tonguing, Triple tonguing and much more...
- Legato with recorded vibrato
- Legato without vibrato
- Polyphonic/Chord playing with vibrato
- Polyphonic/Chord playing without vibrato
- Flutter Tongue
- Triple Tongue
- Key Noises (able to play in isolation if needed as well)
The solo oboe is 7GB in size as a result of its sheer richness in quality content, so keep in mind you will need at LEAST 15/16GB of space to download the rars, and then extract them. There are six mic positions, including LDC, SDC and Ribbon spots so you can even choose your type of spot mic, and really control the character of the recorded sound, as well as an orchestral spot pair, a stage position and a room position.
You are even able to control the level/volume of the key sounds/mechanics of the oboe, and the sound of the musician pressing the keys will also be louder depending on how hard you press the key on your MIDI keyboard (velocity).
One feature we are exceptionally proud of is the intuitive trills articulation system, which allows you to play any trill/tremolo within the oboe's playable range up to a perfect fifth (seven chromatic notes)... See the demo video for an insight in to how this works!
Multiple sets of true legato intervals were recorded both with and without vibrato, for the ultimate in realistic sounding performance.
Select this articulation, and you can play a trill or tremolo between any two notes by holding them down on the keyboard. See the video demo below for a demonstration of this.
The woodwind instruments owe part of the character of their sound to the mechanics of the instrument. This will vary depending on the instrument, venue and performer. Because of this, we decided to come up with something that allows some form of control over even this subtle characteristic in the timbre. What we ended up with was the control over the mechanical sound of the keys (which also react to how hard you play/velocity MIDI values. You can turn this up, or off completely in the GUI to set the average level that seems right, and it will then, on top of this, react to the velocity of your own playing, much like it would a real musician.
Requirements & Specs
This instrument requires the FULL VERSION of Kontakt 4, or above (so it will also run in Kontakt 5 perfectly). The full version of Kontakt 4, is not the free "Kontakt Player", which can be downloaded, it is the full retail version which can be purchased from Native-Instruments' website.