The solo bassoon is 14.00 GB in size as a result of its sheer richness in quality content, so keep in mind you will need at LEAST 21 GB of space to download the rars, and then extract them. There are six mic positions, including LDC, SDC and Ribbon spots so you can even choose your type of spot mic, and really control the character of the recorded sound, as well as an orchestral spot pair, a stage position and a room position.
You are even able to control the level/volume of the key sounds/mechanics of the bassoon, and the sound of the musician pressing the keys will also be louder depending on how hard you press the key on your MIDI keyboard (velocity).
One feature we are exceptionally proud of is the intuitive trills articulation system, which allows you to play any trill/tremolo within the bassoon's playable range up to a perfect fifth (seven chromatic notes)... See the demo video for an insight in to how this works!
The bassoon's legato, like the Clarinet, is a result of tireless work to get the best, most convincing, expressive and REAL sound that we can.
Select this articulation, and you can play a trill or tremolo between any two notes by holding them down on the keyboard. See the video demo below for a demonstration of this.
The woodwind instruments owe part of the character of their sound to the mechanics of the instrument. This will vary depending on the instrument, venue and performer. Because of this, we decided to come up with something that allows some form of control over even this subtle characteristic in the timbre. What we ended up with was the control over the mechanical sound of the keys (which also react to how hard you play/velocity MIDI values. You can turn this up, or off completely in the GUI to set the average level that seems right, and it will then, on top of this, react to the velocity of your own playing, much like it would a real musician.
- About 15,000 WAV files/samples in this instrument alone!
- Multi Dynamic, Vibrato AND Non-Vibrato true legato
- Staccatos and shorter Staccatissimos to craft realistic short note passages
- Intuitive trills function allowing easy playing of any trills/tremolos up to a perfect 5th in width! (seven chromatic notes - C to G for example)
- Ability to control level of mechanical noises of the bassoon, which also follows your performance
- Flutter tonguing, Triple tonguing and much more...
- Legato without vibrato
- Legato with true recorded vibrato
- Polyphonic/Chord playing without vibrato
- Polyphonic/Chord playing with true recorded vibrato
- Flutter Tongue
- Triple Tongue
- Key Noises (able to play in isolation if needed as well)